
The first day of 1st grade was a success! We walked to school with two kids on our street also starting first grade this year. She really likes her teacher(s) and one of our neighbors and a couple of girls from soccer are in her class. While her class this year ended up being a little unorthodox for the norm here (2 teachers:34 kids to keep the ratio to 1:17) she apparently loves it, so we're going with it (despite the morning scowl on her face in the pics.) Things are a little more slow paced here in general, and class hours are 8:30 to 3, except Wed when they are 8:30 to 1:30, and there are 3 recesses and a snack time (so far snacks and recess seem to be the most newsworthy each day.) I personally like the slower pace, but I miss the uniforms though. :-)
Kindergarten is still half day here, and Little S will start that next year. Hope everyone has a great school year! We miss all of our Dallas school friends, and are looking forward to making new ones!



2 comments:
Margaret Mead! One of the first biographies I ever read...so cool. S would love to learn about the lady that her school is named after!! Still miss you here...
I'm so jealous that your kids get 3 recesses at school!
Post a Comment