Today was our big girl's first day of Kindergarten. She did great and was absolutely beaming after we picked her up. She's got some friends in her class, and some she sees in the halls/playground/lunch, which makes it all that much more fun. She's starting to read and she has always liked working on workbooks for reading and math, so I think she's going to be a good student and enjoy herself this year as they dive into more of that.
I have to admit I cried a little when I dropped her off and left her behind in her class. She seems so big at home, but she looked so little sitting there in that class. I know she is in good hands... just one of those small steps toward budding independence that are sometimes harder on parents than on the kids.
Also all on the first day of school, our younger sister had her very first day of ballet. She has been counting down the days (for 2 years). It was a doubly momentous day because of this. So along with dropping off and picking up big sister from school, baby brother was also toted to two ballet classes all on the same day. We were all very exhausted but very satisfied with how the big day went. ... and there was no resistance at bedtime!




No comments:
Post a Comment